Installing Replacement Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've been lurking here at DIYnot for a while, now I need some advice :)

Giving the bathroom a makeover, decided to replace the rotten old radiator. Bought a new one from lovely B and Q, it's a "Kudox" brand. I've unpacked it and I'm a bit flummoxed. The four pipe connections are... plugged. I'm working on the wild assumption that these can be in some way unscrewed but I can't for the life of me figure out how. There's a cross shaped recess which in my wild ignorant optimism seemed to be inviting me to shove a big screwdriver in and turn in the anti-clockwise way, but all that seems to want to do is mash the cross shaped hole, so I decided to stop before I cross the "it's stuck, you'll need to buy another radiator" line.

Basically I can't figure out how to get these things out. Do I need a special key of some sort, or is there a cunning technique?

Any answers from people who unlike me actually know what they're doing would be gratefully appreciated. Ta :)

Sponsored Links
The plugs are there so when it is painted the paint doesn't get on the threads so the plugs tend to stick fast maybe a bit more force with a bigger screwdriver will work

Thanks, that gave me the confidence to give it a bit more welly and indeed they came out. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back