Chrome Towel Radiator - Phoenix or Kudox??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to purchase a Chrome Towel Radiator (Flat) and need some advice

I'm looking at two models :

Kudox Chrome Flat Towel Radiator (1800x500) - £119.99 (5yr guarantee)
OR
Phoenix Flavia Chrome Flat Towel Radiator (1800x500) - £142.50 (10 year guarantee)

The Phoenix has a much higher BTU figure.

Which one would be best? or does it not really matter? Also, can you recommend chrome straight valves, one with TRV?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Links to the products are handy.

In reality it probably doesn't matter, how much do you value the 10 year guarantee? I doubt it means either is more likely to fail than the other, guarantees are as much about marketing as any inherent features of the product.

Re the heat output, different heat output ratings can differ because of the use of different Delta T measures (Delta T60 in the classic British measurement, Delta T50 is the EU standard, which gives a lower output, they out to say really what they are using). I wouldn't have thought a towel rad of similar size and number of rungs should vary drastically in actual output.

FWIW I recently installed a 1750x600 35 rung towel rad, and that had a rating of 1145 Watt - 3908 BTU/h @ Delta 60

As to the valves. I like Drayton TRV4's, I put on a set of those, but any decent brand will be fine if you prefer a different look.

http://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/product.aspx?id=31087

This is the straight version http://www.screwfix.com/p/drayton-trv4-chrome-trv-15mm-straight/41410

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back