Best small TRV for stainless steel towel radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone,

We are putting a stainless steel towel radiator into our bathroom which is being redone. I bought a chrome TRV from Screwfix over the weekend (http://www.screwfix.com/p/danfoss-ras-d-chrome-trv-8-10-15mm-angled-l-s/88443) which is fine but it's quite long (like most TRVs!) and I now realise this is going to stick out of the wall quite a bit and look a bit odd!

I wondered if anyone could recommend any good chrome/stainless steel rad valves we could use on the towel radiator (ideally thermostatic if possible) that are as minimalist/small as possible so they don't stick out too much?

Thanks so much for any suggestions anyone can give!

Dave

Sponsored Links
towel radiators are just towel warmers not much else especially with towels on

if its the only heating source in the bathroom its unlikely to cut out on all but the warmest days
if you have another radiator in the room just fit to that one as it will kick in and out to help the towel radiator

towel radiators are just towel warmers not much else especially with towels on

if its the only heating source in the bathroom its unlikely to cut out on all but the warmest days
if you have another radiator in the room just fit to that one as it will kick in and out to help the towel radiator

Thanks for your reply bigall! So what you're saying is we don't really need a TRV for that towel rad (that's the only rad in the bathroom)? This does make sense to be fair, i was probably being overly cautious :) This is a very stupid question :))) but if we go ahead without a TRV then do we need still valves (in which case which ones, lockshields?) or do we just connect the pipework directly into the towel radiator with no valves?

Thanks so much for your help,

Dave

best to have a valve each end otherwise any work decorating or any leak is a drain down with no heat in the house
where as 2 valves everything works as normal apart from the one rad

Sponsored Links
best to have a valve each end otherwise any work decorating or any leak is a drain down with no heat in the house
where as 2 valves everything works as normal apart from the one rad

Ah yes, very good point! :) So I was looking at this pair of chrome valves: http://www.screwfix.com/p/verona-angled-radiator-valves-15mm-pair/37800 presumably these would work for what we are discussing? And with valves like these presumably you can still turn the rad off completely should you want to, they're just not thermostatically controlled?

Thanks SO much!

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back