Installing Towel Radiator (F&E Tank query)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of refitting my bathroom and wish to have my current radiator removed and a towel rail installed above its existing place (about 1000mm from the floor) Fitted cabinets will then be in place of the existing radiator. There are no other walls available to resite the existing radiator at a low level.

I have a Boiler Mate Thermal Storage Unit with an F&E tank on top.

My query is that if the radiator is positioned higher, although the bottom of the radiator will be below the F&E tank, the top of the radiator will be 500mm or so above it?

Will this cause a problem? Can a radiator be fitted like this?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think he means "NO".
Header tanks have to be at the top.

The F&E tank can be separted from the main tank ( I know this as I had it recently replaced). Could this be moved to a higher point in my airing cupboard? It would then be potentially higher than the towel radiator. I assuming separting the two and adjustingthe pipework won't cause a problem?

Is there a maximum height between the top of the highest radiator and the tank?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back