Installing Underfloor Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've searched a few posts in here for advice on underfloor heating but hardly any have replies? :(

Is this a taboo subject or are there just no 'experts' on underfloor heating registered on here? :confused:

On the off-chance I get lucky, I'm looking for advice on which supplier of electric underfloor heating gives the best value for money, and information on the electrical requirements for fitting (i.e. supply and fusing, etc). :)

Any advice would be welcome, or just point me towards an information source. ;)

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi Kraythorne

You're better of at this forum: Ebuild, where there is a whole category and loads of advice (all from personal experiences by the forum members) on the very subject.

Sponsored Links
Electric underfloor heating is pretty inefficient compared to a wt system that is connected to the central heating boiler.

Been reading up on the ebuild forum and some other sites and I think I'm going to write this project off.

What started out as something that looked fairly straight forward from what I saw at B&Q and the local tile shop, is really an expensive job to do properly.

These shops offer 'underfloor heating' as being a 10mm thick screed board, with the electrical matt laid on top and then flexible adhesive to fix the tiles.

Reading the forums, I need at least 65mm screed plus a matt of sufficient wattage to heat the area and then the flexible adhesive and tiles - which will raise my floors by around 100mm unless I dig up the floor!

The systems at B&Q loo like they would struggle to even heat the tiles effectively, let along a room.

Oh well, I'm glad I checked! :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back