instant hot water taps

Sponsored Links
Thats prohibitively expensive. A £600 kettle? :rolleyes: Never going to take off. 100,000 across Europe is not staggering - most of them are probably commercial premises.

Sponsored Links
If you want a decent cup of tea, make sure it's like a quooker that keeps a pressurized reservoir at ~103C, so that the stuff that comes out of the tap is at 100C.
Is it legal for a DIYer to install one of those? :evil:

It's notifiable, BTW.
[EDIT]No it isn't.[/EDIT]

"This simple, ultra-safe idea"

Hmmm - it looks like a tap and water comes out at 100°C - that has got to be an ultra-safe device....

It's notifiable, BTW.

Why? You just have to plug it in. You don't notify when you plug in a kettle. Or a cooker.

More convenient than a £76 Sadia over-the-sink water heater. I don't suppose you are less likely to get scalded by that than the expensive version. Indeed, the Sadia has to drip hot water into the sink to dump the expansion, whereas the £600 jobbie has a drain for expansion.

Why? You just have to plug it in. You don't notify when you plug in a kettle. Or a cooker.
Ah.

Yes and no.

It isn't notifiable, not because you plug it in but because it's under 15l in capacity. It's a pressurised hot water storage device, and if it were over 15l it would be notifiable if it were coal powered.

I knew that G3 didn't apply, but I didn't realise that that also made it non-notifiable... :oops:

More convenient than a £76 Sadia over-the-sink water heater. I don't suppose you are less likely to get scalded by that than the expensive version.
An over-the-sink water heater does not look like an ordinary tap.

They heat the water enough for it to scald.

But that's not the point - I wouldn't have a problem with one that did - it's the fact that these things look like ordinary taps but deliver boiling water and steam.

IMO they are a dreadful mistake just waiting to happen..

It states that the control is child proof, so presumably it requires a deliberate action to get past this... an action one would not perform when intending to opperate an oridnary tap

It may be child proof, but that does not make it idiot proof.

It's an accident waiting to happen. Someone's going to turn it on expecting hot water, not boiling.

My 90 year old aunt got scalded the other year because her carer ran hot water that was too hot. I now have thermostatic regulators on all my HW taps to limit the temperatures below scalding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back