'Instant' strong adhesive for melamine to stainless steel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to do a short term fix on a kitchen sink.
There is a small area at the rear of the sink where the melamine has been damage and is no longer bonded to the sink.

I have tried using a number of adhesives but have had no luck so far. The melamine can be pulled in to contact with the underside of the sink for a while but cannot be held there for long enough for most adhesives (wet grip etc.) to cure and super glue hasn't work either.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
How 'instant' is it?

I have tried other strong grab adhesives but most take 30min + to set and by that time the melamine has pulled away from the sink..

Araldite?

Sounds like you're in danger of spending as much on buying adhesives here as a new sink would cost...

Sponsored Links
cheers muggles - I haven't tried Araldite - will take a look at it. Any particular formulation you would recommend?

I did try Evo-Stik Epoxy Rapid ("bonds in 5 minutes") but it peeled away from the surface of the melamine.

You're right about spending almost as much on adhesives as a new sink...I guess they may come in handy at some point...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back