NON-flexible waterproof adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for something to do a quick repair on my bathroom tap. Its a new tap only 6 months old so strictly speaking I should go back to the manufacturer but we are selling the house now (we should exchange this week) so I don't have time. However I do feel duty-bound to do some kind of fix before we go.

Its one of those modern cylindrical-style basin mixer taps - its NOT from Wickes but this link to their site shows something almost identical:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/209454/?source=123_75

The problem is that the handle/lever at the top screws into a threaded hole in the top of the tap, and for some reason this thread has worn away and the lever no longer stays in the hole. As I say this certainly indicates to me that the unit is faulty but I don't have time to arrange replacement. (It still works but its not easy to turn on and off or change temp, particularly with wet/soapy hands!)

However I am really struggling to find a solid, non-flexible, waterproof adhesive to re-attach the lever to the tap head:

Tried super-glue and was not surprised to find it didn't work -it actually says don't use in damp areas!

Also tried Bostik Evo-Stik Liquid metal - this is waterproof but provides a flexible bond which is no good - I need a hard bond with zero movement in the joint otherwise the handle is useless.

ANY advice on this much appreciated - I don't want to leave our housebuyers in the lurch on this one, but I also don't want to raise it as an issue with exchange & completion so nearly upon us - for reasons to long & complicated to explain now any delay whatsoever would be catastrophic for us

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If you suspect the tap is damp, dry it off with a hair dryer.
Doing the same with the adhesive gets it to cure even quicker.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back