Insulate solid brick porch wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our estate was built about 20 years ago and our particular design of house had an 'open plan' type of porch area consisting of a dwarf wall with some open wooden framework above for decorative effect.

The majority of this type of house have subsequently had the porch enclosed, as has ours prior to us buying it two years ago. We have found that inside the porch has been really cold throughout the recent cold spell and I am putting this down to the fact that the porch wall under the window frame is solid 220mm brick with no cavity.

I am wondering if it would be possible to insulate this wall in some way bearing in mind that I only have about 50mm clearance between the wall and the porch door hinges.

I was thinking of some 'Space Blanket' type insulation against the wall and then boarded over with plasterboard.

Is this in any way feasible and if so, is the benefit of the insulation - which I admit may be minimal, be worth the effort of installing it?

appreciate any feedback. I have included a picture for clarity

Attachments

• IMG_1500.JPG
    IMG_1500.JPG
    548.4 KB · Views: 134
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back