Insulated plasterboard?? Good idea or separate products?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!! Im a female, newbie, and having a house renovated - the builders are leaving decision making to me, and its a minefield. The electrician needed the ceilings down as there was no space for new wires and it needed a full rewire. The ceilings were made of cork (very old timber framed seaside bungalow). Now all we have is the bare roof timbers. I have spent the day calculating costs of putting a timber cladding up with Rockfill boards behind it but the timber + rockwool has been more expensive than rockwool and plasterboard, so thats what Ive decided to do. Does such a thing as plasterboard with insulation attached exist and if so is it any good for a timber framed property? Is there anything else I should think about? Any advice would be very welcome! :)

Sponsored Links
Insulated plasterboard does exist. Whether it would give the same level of insulation that the Rockwell gives is up to you to decide. Perhaps you need pir foam board like kingspan (others are available) between joists and then pb over the top

anders170, good evening.

There are various and numerous threads in here about the virtues and efficacy of Insulated plasterboard versus the various thermal insulation boards then the P/Board

As I recall, using thermal insulating boards [of whichever thickness you can afford???] then plasterboard, that "could be" the insulated type will assist.

Or to assist in prevention of condensation forming in the roof space?? use thermal insulating board and plasterboard with a foil back

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back