Insulated plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have 2 kitchen walls that have had damp in them previously. The two suspected causes (dpc and leaky windows) have now been fixed and each wall has been stripped to the brick, which now appear to be dry. I want to install insulated plaster boards as it is also very cold in there. I am planning on fixing Battons to the bare brick wall and then fitting the insulated boards onto the Battons. I have 4 questions about this:

1. Is it ok to put Battons straight onto the brick or should I first render the wall with salt retardant render?
2. What treatment should I give the Battons before fixing them on?
3. Is it ok to have empty space behind the insulated board in between the Battons?
4. Should I fit the boards snugly to the neighbouring walk which still has it's plaster on or should I leave a gap and fill it with something?

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back