insulated plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Looking into getting some insulated plasterboard (need Celotex GD5040 to get my uvalue) but can only seem to get in packs of 22.

I need only 9 sheets so would prefer to not pay the extra, is it possible to literally used 40mm celotex and fix plasterboard over the top or am i missing something important?

How do you fix this to rafters? (it is for a sloping roof on 1st floor bedroom)

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The PL4000 series can definitely bought in singles upwards and if I recall correctly the thermal properties are a little better and the price is not much different, in fact a quick search they seem to cheaper.

I am sure if you go to builders merchant they could source you the required number of GD5040 boards.

I have seen the thermaline plus on ebay packs of ten for about £38 per board http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/1707...f11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0
To fix to rafters you will need screws the required length, spaced every 150mm. The boards are about 60mm deep and I would want 30-40mm penetration, so you are looking 90mm-100mm dry-wall screws.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
The recommendations of products by architects and designers etc, often refer to a premium product that they would prefer you use, often without any thought of local availabilty or practicality.

There are probably one trillion alternatives to what he has suggested and it is likely that most equivalent 40mm PIR foam board alternatives will also satisfy building reg's.

Fixing the insulation and plasterboard separate is wholly acceptable. Handling and fixing pre-insulated boards is no fun especially if they have warped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back