Insulated plasterboards

H

huddsspread

I havenever used them, always built stud walls etc. But It seems cost effective and time effective to use these sometimes.

I know there are different makes and sizes, and you can fix them or stick them. Now the ones i may use are the ones with a vapour barrier. And i may intend to stick them, but if i want to use them in an enviroment, where your not meant to use GYPSUM products on old materials, like old house external walls, this rule still aplies right?

If i have to fix them thats ok, but would me using some plasterboard adhesive to stick them be as bad as floating and setting with bonding and multi? From the view of "dont use BG on these surfaces"

Because i have been in some houses where they ( homeowners) have stuck normal plasterboard on stone walls, and ive skimmed it, the gone back 4 years later and its perfect still.

The idea is to save money and time by using insulated PBS, instead of me building a wall with a barrier,insulation,plasterboard.

I know there will be people saying ive used BG on stone etc and its fine, and some people will see mould and damage the day after they have.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
ok no rush, just always got jobs going round in my head, thinking of better ways etc.

Might sound a bit weird but i really enjoy building stud walls, then insulating and boarding....must be mu OCD

I will also be waiting with baited breath on the outcome of this as I could do with understanding a bit about the fixing of these boards as i dont want to stud it if possible due to the narrowness of the hall already

Sponsored Links
I will also be waiting with baited breath on the outcome of this as I could do with understanding a bit about the fixing of these boards as i dont want to stud it if possible due to the narrowness of the hall already

oh and the surface of the brickwork is pretty uneven if this makes a difference?

dont worry about the surface to much if its out by inches, knock it off. What i need to know really is how good they are really, the vapour barrier side etc. And if its ok or not to use them with plasterboard ADH, on walls which are not really meant for BG products.

dont worry about the surface to much if its out by inches, knock it off. What i need to know really is how good they are really, the vapour barrier side etc. And if its ok or not to use them with plasterboard ADH, on walls which are not really meant for BG products.

they are good in the right situation but to adhere insulated boards to stone is a no-no. vapour barrier will not allow the walls to breath......

You are working in a great area of the country Brad but you have a load of different construction methods, predominantly of stone construction. Some cavity walls and some not. All of the council houses have cavity PFA internal walls and stone exterior built from the early 20th century but Huddersfield is an old rich town, it's the biggest town in the UK (or it was) so you have a right old mix of good quality houses built in stone over many periods. Let's forget about the last 25 years or so because the new houses just don't come close.

thats what i thought would be the answer, so its back to plan A. Needed it confirmed though.

Think ill use them in another room though. to see if i get on with them.

cheers

No its not, but the other room is an internal room made of bricks, but its cold, so they want insulation, pboard etc. So i'll use them in this room see if i like the way they are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back