Insulating 10mm plastic pipe to radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm running a new central heating loop in the loft space of our bungalow, to replace the old loop that runs round the inside of the walls.

The plan is to have a 22mm loop that T's off to 10mm down each wall in a chase to each radiator.

Apart from in the lounge, all the down pipes will run in the internal concrete block walls (the lounge will have to use the inner skin concrete block of the external wall).

I want to insulate the pipes to a) prevent heat loss into the walls, and b) separate the pipes from the plaster allowing them to move as they heat up and cool down. But I'm wondering what the best way to do this is, minimising the cost of insulation and the size of the chases I need to cut.

Should I just cut wide chases to allow two pipes with their own foam insulation to sit side by side? Or could I have a narrower chase and insulate them together in some way?

Also, should you clip the insulation into the chase, or have breaks in the insulation and clip the pipes directly? What's the best way to do this/type of clips to use?

Many thanks in advance.

Robin

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back