Insulating a converted loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I know there are many threads on this site about insulating a loft - but finding the right information is making my head spin!
So please don't shoot me down if I'm repeating an oft-asked question.

I have a bungalow that has a converted loft room, surrounded on all sides by eave-storage space. And there are two doors into the loft area that I will need to leave accessible.
Before we got the property, there had been many attempts at insulating the area - none of which appear be be any good. So I wanna do it properly. So my question is - what is the best way? Would it be to insulate in the roof rafters? The floor of the loft area? Behind the stud walls of the room? I just can't figure out the best way!!
Additional information - there is currently insulation behind the stud walls of the room and also on the loft space floor - but probably no more than about 100mm. And the house is coooold!
Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back