Insulating an inflatable hot tub

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, can't find a thread for "insulation", so here goes.....

My family would like to erect our Bestway Monaco semi-rigid "hot" tub, given the great daytime weather right now.

My concern is that overnight the temp drops to 10 or lower, so the heater might be going all night, like a kettle.

Can anyone recommend a viable insulating solution other than running a length of loft-insulation around the tub please?

Thanks, Tony

Sponsored Links
Used to have an 8m x 4m pool and it was chemicals that cost the money, not heating it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, good point about life of tub. We've had it four years, and being portable must mean a fairly short lifespan.
Its roughly 700 litres with thr fairly shallow depth for young kids.
We do sit it on foam camping rolls, but walls and lid are inflated cavities only.

It’s inflatable the air in it insulates it.
Temp drops overnight , I run mine a couple of hours in the morning to get temp back (have rigid variety).The less water it holds the quicker it looses temp .
Do you have insulated top for it.?

Last edited:
Hi Foxhole, it seems my physics is weak. Had no idea a simple air gap could offer any form of insulating property, or that a lower volume of water holds heat less efficiently.

My take was less water = less to heat back up.

The only lid I have is an inflatable disc and a canvas cover.

It's one of these

You will loose a lot of heat Thru base as it seems to sit on the floor while rigid models are suspended above the ground in a frame .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back