Insulating/cladding a breezeblock workshop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I recently had to pull down some wooden sheds at the end of my garden and builders have built a breeze-block workshop with cantilever roof built on a concrete base as a replacement.
I'm aware of the pros and cons of brick v wood, but ultimately went with brick to maximise the space (its not square/oblong). There are 2 double glazed windows installed, I'm getting quotes currently for electricity, and am now debating whether to paint the internal walls or to plasterboard and insulate. I have found the inside to be pretty damp, more than I was expecting. The room is breathable.
External cladding will not be possible on all 4 walls due to positioning of the build, but could be done on 2.
I'm considering lining the walls with damp proof sheeting, adding batons and plasterboard, with polystyrene insulation boards in the cavity. Do you think this will help? What other options might I have (for a similar cost)? Should i get an extractor fan fitted?
Any help would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back