Internal Wall Insulation

Sponsored Links
At least its now on the windows now and not on the walls as they are no longer cold.

The windows face north and the units are v old and inefficient. Once changed there will be no issue. I have had same issue in both garage and outbuilding but made new windows with sealed units and now no condensation on windows. It just shows you how much moisture there is in a house...

Sponsored Links
While I remeber...
Cutting cellotex. Dont use a saw, despite their recommendations or their own tool. The best way to cut it so it cuts clean through and without and residue flying about-horrible stuff-is to use a pointed trowel. Angle the trowel in such a way..sharpen edge of trowel if need be. Run it down straight edge or piece of wood for straight line. Once you make a cut turn over and run blade (trowel) through silver foil on other side. Quick, accurate and safer. Stumbled on this idea myself!

Just been under floor to retrieve staple gun to put a canvas on a picture frame...concrete floor is wet...thought I had solved it. Pain. When it rains for days the water infiltrates at bottom of the wall which is below the outside ground level. Dries out pretty quickly and looks words that it is but a pain. Humidity levels not helped by this though having taken tests no greater levels than elsewhere. Previous owners were economical with the truth when I asked questions. No wonder one has emigrated to Australia..

Hi looking to do this this year. So as suggested I will probably go for 25mm insulation but still deciding how to fix to the wall. Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back