Internal garage conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Im planning to go ahead with my internal garage conversion
have a few questions before I go ahead:
1. floor insulation: do I need to leave a air gap 25mm between DPM (plastic sheet) and celotex 50mm? ( timber around the inside of the wall to run joists off, and celotex in between joists, then 18mm tun and groove chipboard over the joists)
2.two walls of the garage (one side and back) is my internal walls, so I think I will not need to insulate it, just put the battens and plasterboard, the other side wall of the garage is shared between mine and neighbours garage, so I believe I will need to insulate this wall, to do so Im planning to put the battens 50mm and celotex 50mm between them. however as there will be some wiring for the socket done how do I do with wire channeling?
3.insulating pitched roof after velux window instalation? any guide on this with air gaps etc, i think 100mm celotex between joist shoild be fine, then plasterboard , however would that be it?

here is the house now:
2015-11-11 16.17.21.jpg

and here I think it should look after conversion
conversion.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back