Garage insulation

The issues with extending your heating system into the garage as far as BC are concerned are to do with Part L conservation of fuel and power.
But I would say wet UFH would be the ideal solution, as the garage would be set as it's own zone with it's own stat and so would run separately to the heating demands in the house

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

So I have a final plan now....

Flooring: damp proof membrane (1000 gauge) covered by Kingspan styrozone H350R (30 mm) with wet underfloor heating in a Styrofoam panel 25 mm thick and porcelain tiles on top, total thickness about 65 mm. I chose the Kingspan because it has much higher compressive strength than Celotex TB4030 that I was going to use. Celotex technical dept did not recommend it for use in a garage floor.
Walls: 25 mm treated timber battens at 600mm intervals with 60 mm celotex and plasterboard fitted directly to it. Separate plasterboard + TB4060 is much cheaper than PL4060. Not sure why?
Do I need moisture resistant plasterboard?
Ceiling: Celotex FR5070 with damp proof membrane and plasterboard.
New outside door with a U-value of 1.1 W/m.K (compared to the draughty old one which has a U value of about 5-10).

I will happily share the results as the project progresses (I estimate about 2-3 months to complete as I am not doing much on it each week).

How is the job going, Interested in your project as I want to do much the same. Tully

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back