Insulating corrugated garage roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I want to insulate my garage roof to help stop the condensation. It is a corrugated asbestos roof with wooden joists holding it up.

I was thinking of getting some 50mm kingspan board, cutting it and pushing it between the rafters. Then filling any gaps left from fitting with expanding foam. Would this be good enough and will it stop the condensation problem?

Should i push the kingspan board to the corrugated roof or leave some sort of air gap?

Will i need to add a ply ceiling under the kingspan and tape any gaps to stop any airflow upwards?

I hope allthat makes sense and any advise very welcome.

Sponsored Links
I thought i had to stop the warm air touching the cold corrigated roof to stop the condensation?

To have complete success you would need to bond the insulation directly to the roof material and that aint gonna happen with corrugated sheets.

Sponsored Links
So am i right in thinking that my only options to get rid of the condensation are:

1. Replace the corrigated roof

2. Use spray on insulation on the underside of the roof?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back