Insulating floor/conservatory cavity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Hopefully just a quick query - currently insulating our suspended timber floor using flexible insulation supported by netting from below, however wanted to check in regards to where the floor finishes and the conservatory starts, the joist runs parallel to the conservatory floor which basically looks to be a concrete slab set upon earth/rubble - I'm concerned that I'd be bridging a potential source of moisture and the wooden joist if I stuff the cavity full of insulation.

Would it be best to use a membrane between the slab and the insulation - and if so breathable/non-breathable? Or shouldn't I be concerned?!

Thanks

Daniel!

Sponsored Links
With my suspended timber floors (1930s bungalow with concrete slab) I put in a layer of kingspan first, all sealed, and then layed rockwall on top. Created a vapour barrier to prevent living moisture getting down into the cold wood below. I made sure the kingspan went to the edges of the room, sealed to the wall.

IMG_20190118_185118057.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back