Insulating floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hope you can help. I live in a 1930's semi with floorboards downstairs. I am about too sand the floorboards, but the room is cold all year round, as it gets no sunshine. And im thinking that it we be even colder with the floorboards sanded. What is the best method of insulating from beneath the boards. I have seen these plasic/insulating membraines, that come in a roll, could they be fixed to the joists. Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
The proper way is to removed the floorboards and use a thin green wire (from garden shop) around the floor joists underneath each one from end to end, say every 400mm apart, then insulation wall slabs resting on it.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately taking all the boards up is not possible, and there is really not enough space between the boards and the ground to take some up and twist the insulation boards beneath them, and fit from below.

Is there anything else, that can be used. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back