Insulating Loft Conversion Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to improve the insulation on the external walls of our loft conversion in our terraced house. A previous owner built the conversion, but didn't insulate the walls at all.
Am I right to assume I can just use the same sort of insulation rolls you use for insulating lofts generally?
If so, can anyone please advise on the best way of fixing them in place? I'm thinking batons between the rafters/supporting beams of the walls, but also heard a theory that netting can work well?
Any input very welcome - thanks in advance! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Rigid 8'x4' Celotex or Kingspan, foil both sides between the rafters/floor joists. As far as the pitched roof is concerned you can use a multi layered solar reflective product with counter battens to secure it and make a void between the plasterboard and the foil. www.roof-solutions.co.uk
Tri-iso is approved by most BC's (or you can use the same boards described above.

Remember if you insulate you have to ventilate also ( vent tiles on the roof)

Hi
thanks a lot for the reply.
The walls I am considering insulating are flat walls rather than pitched, so I'd climb into the small eves space and insulate the rearside of the walls of the converted room. But I guess the approach you describe would work then too?
Is ventilation of the eves space still critical?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back