Insulating my attached garage ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I noticed my neighbour has insulated his up-and-over garage door, which is the same as mine, attached to the house and under half of the front bedroom (little daughters). It appears all he's done is bond Kingspan or Celotex panels to the inside of the metal door panel.

I'm not quite sure of his reasons for doing this.
Is there any real benefit to doing this ?
The bedroom that is half over the garage does get the coldest in the evenings, but would insulating the garage door help ?
The void between my garage roof and bedroom floor is about 150mm and insulated with rolled wool. But would adding additional Kingspan or Celotex panels to the ceiling side of the garage help any further ... or can too much insulation be a problem or even a waste of pennies ??

Any help or advise is much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Judging by the draught that whips under my garage door when I'm working on the car I would say that insulating the door alone is probably a waste of time. If it was perfectly sealed with draught strips etc then maybe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back