Insulating plasterboard for downstairs loo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all!

I have been asked by SWMBO to renovate the cold downstairs toilet in our 1930s terraced house.

1 wall is external brick and the rest are internal brick, all painted a pale glossy pink. Can't imagine why she wants it redecorated!

I have never plasterboarded before and only done a bit of skimming so really I'm looking for advice on what to buy and how to fix it to the wall ideally costing v little and involving little or no hassle afterwards before painting.

Anyone out there in DIY land able to help?

So far I've seen this sort of product

Sponsored Links
You have a few options:
*Batten wall out, insulation the cavity, vapour check and board
*Dot'n'dab the wall using thermaline boards (per your link) a second mechanical fixing will be required once adhesive has dried, I recommend nailable plugs for this.
*Externally clad brick wall thermal boards and render.
The first two option will decrease the room space as the walls will be packed out by the fabric used, second will not as it is an external application.

You could plaster the plasterboard or joint fill the joint with easifill and sand down as the room is a toilet and moisture levels a little higher, plastering would be better also if not already in place, a measure to remove condensation by extraction.

Thanks for the response :)

I think option 2 looks best to me. Do the nailable plugs just nail straight into the brick! Do you have a link to such a product?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back