Insulating sandstone cavity walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My home is 1930's semi detached. It is made of bottom part Yorkshire stone, Top half bricks as its rendered and pebbledashed

Although double glazed, it is pretty cold without the heating being on for long periods of time.

I've come to realise that this is because of the external walls are very cold due to no cavity wall insulation.

Since this would be classed as a hard-to-treat wall, could anyone please advise if it's safe to have cavity wall insulation in these type of walls and would polyurethane foam be okay?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's built with a cavity? I've lived and do still live in old properties which have never had a cavity.

Yes it has a narrow cavity. Question is firstly is it safe and wise to full a yorkshire stone hard-to-treat cavity with insulation?

Last edited:
If it has got a narrow cavity, what would be the point?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back