insulating single skin dwarf wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It has 3 outside single skin dwarf walls. Outside is a waterproof breather and pvc cladding.

Inside though, one wall is too close to the house door to offer any battens greater than 25mm.... is no air gap gonna be catastrophic if I use 25mm insulation?
Or should I just vapour barrier and clad? In which case should vapour barrier be behind battens against the wall or in front?

The other 3, I was gonna use 2x2 inch battens to hold 25mm insulation, thus 25mm ait gap.

Would the vapour barrier go infront or behind this? Im using pvc interior cladding sheets... thinking it should be cladding, barrier then insulation/stud work?

Sponsored Links
You don’t need battens.

1. strip plaster back to brick
2. Use plasterboard foam to attach celotex pl4040 (or thicker) directly to the brick. Add a couple of frame fixers in each sheet (optional) for fire safety
3 fill the gaps with standard foam, scrim and skim
4 paint.

25mm insulation really won’t cut it. You ideally need 40mm or more. No need for air gap as long as it’s sealed properly with foam. The sheets have a built in vapour barrier

How dwarf? And on what?
the effort adding insulation may be pointless if the rest is glass.

Sponsored Links
52cm high dwarf wall. Concrete blocks laid flat.
Roof is timber. Rest is glass.

Doesn't need to be megs efficient but just wanna hold some heat for a small period when we use it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back