Insulating single skin wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a garage with a fairly tall single skin standard brick wall on two external faces. A third shorter external face is single skin blockwork with a render.

I'm looking to batten the wall with 2x2 and fill the voids with 50mm foil lined thermal sheets. After that I'll plasterboard the wall, fixing with screws.

As it's single skin, do I need to put a vapour barrier between the wood and the wall and if so, what sort of vapour barrier should I use - note: I'm assuming the foil backed sheets won't need damp proofing! (A link in the UK would be handy for a product if required!)

Over 90% of both brick outward facing walls are sheltered by buildings which are 1ft away from the walls (hence why block and render wasn't an option apparently) It's only the top 40cm which is directly exposed.

Sponsored Links
Yes with a fan hot water radiator. It'll only be on when I'm actually in there though.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back