Insulating tile floors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all -

I'm currently planning a kitchen extension and we're going to tile it but I don't like how cold tiles get. We're not going to be here for ages so I don't want to go to the expensive of installing water underfloor heating or running electric underfloor heating however. So I'm wondering if there is some form of insulation boards or the like that can be applied beneath the tiles? Maybe something that gets screwed in so it's solid, or a rigid board that gets stuck down? My thinking is this would help prevent some of the cold coming up through the slab.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Try these. You use flexible tile adhesive to fix them down, but make sure you have a bit of hardboard to kneel on when you tile, otherwise you get knee prints in them.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back