Insulating Waste Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had an old out-house converted to a utility room at the end of last year. The waste pipe from the washing machine and sink runs out of the side wall, along the wall for about 2 meter then has an elbow down in to the external grid. I also had a new central heating boiler installed and the plumber tapped the condense overflow into the above waste pipe.
During the winter the waste pipe kept freezing solid as there was a constant trickle of water running down it from the boiler condense. Consequence being the boiler kept locking out and the washing machine and sink were unusable until I spent an hour or two defrosting the pipe with a kettle.

Can anybody offer any advice on the best way to insulate 40mm waste pipe as I can't seem to find any of the foam wrap usually used on 15mm/22mm copper?

Sponsored Links
Thanks flameport, appreciate the response. I did search for this type of thing (honest!) but drew a blank for some reason.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back