insulation board for stud wall???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i'm building a stud wall with 450mm centres and planning on fitting insulation between each stud. I've noticed that celotex, kingspan etc make boards 450mm wide which would be slightly too wide for the gap. Why don't they make it the correct width for ease of fixing?...am i missing something?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you've inadvertently been looking at insulation designed for partial fill masonry cavity walls rather than timber frame which are 450 high to suit wall ties/block courses. Timber frame stuff is in 1.2x2.4 sheets you cut down to suit.

thanks that explains it...the last room i did i used the 1200x2400 and cut down but it looks like the same insulation so figured i could make my centres 50cm and the 450 would be an easy fit. I'd welcome any thoughts on this before i start building though :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back