Insulation for sloping roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I wonder if anyone can help me - I needed to remove a section of plasterboard become there was a leak from the roof and the plasterboard was damaged.

The leak is now fixed and I noticed that there was no insulation behind the plasterboard so before I replace and reskim the plasterboard I was thinking would it be a good idea to put some insulation in between the rafters?

If it is a good idea then can someone please advise what type of insulation would be best for this purpose.

I have added a pic

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure there's an awful lot of point insulating only part of the roof which appears to be what you're suggesting.

Anyhoo it appears that there is no felt beneath the tiles so no worries about ventilation although I may be wrong, its difficult to be sure looking at the photo. On the insulation side you would be best fitting some rigid foam insulation such as Kingspan in there say 120mm thick. Keep the underside flush with the underside of the rafters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back