Insulation in loft space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

When I. Moved into my house there was little to no insulation above the kitchen (extension part of building) ... I've now insulated the walls, so will finally insulate the loft space.

But... What's best to use... EPS boards or the woolly glass stuff.

I was thinking EPs boards between the joists, expanding foam to get gaps, then blanket over them.

Or would our not really make much difference, so just go the easier route of blanket roll stuff first left to right (between joists), then second layer front to back.

Currently got boards down, do will be putting loft legs on a few so odd bits can still be stored up there.

Sponsored Links
Mineral wool quilt,100mm between joists,200mm over at right angles to joists. Roof ventilation depending on roof/eaves details with rafter trays to prevent insulation obstructing air flow at eaves.

Ok. That's cool. The EPs is more expensive than the wool. So I only Need to buy 3* 100mm rolls. Which will even be easier too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back