Insulation plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was thinking to dot and dab the insulation board on to my wall in my extension but my walls are already plastered but i need more insulation as its freezing out there in the winter

Sponsored Links
If your wall is flat you could mechanically fix insulated plasterboard to the existing wall, would save a few mm compared to dot'n'dab.

I assume the extension is old? Are you sure the roof is adequately insulated? A lot more heat is lost via the roof than the walls

The cieling is t&g at the moment i was going to put some insulation in the joists and just plasterboard n skim it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 84
Is that the inner skin of a flat roof? There lies your biggest heat loss if so! 100mm or more Celotex or similar would resolve it. If you have the headroom go over with 15mm insulated plasterboard too to reduce any cold spots.

Add what you can to the walls, but even a little will help a lot.

Sponsored Links
When u say mechanically fix the plasterboard to the walls you mean the nail anchors

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back