insulation resistance test

Sponsored Links
no problems, ive just bought the tester and didnt have 1 when first installed it. their could be a humidity problem so ill get some kind of ventilation fitted.

You can measure between phase and neutral (remembering phase and neutral are both live conductors) ;)

ah yes of course....

Live-Live can = live to neutral or live to line or line to line or phase to neutral or phase to line or phase to live.....

I'm glad we've cleared that up :LOL:

ban-all-sheds don't you think its hard for a sparky with 10 years experience to find work these days never mind loads of people like me who are newly qualified to get the experience??

we all dont know everthing and we are all still learning.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I built it about 6 months ago and everything works fine in there.

Well done you. Maybe we should get the regs changed as there is obviously little point in testing. When you did the 2330, weren't you taught how to test and interpret readings. You test before commision and the dead tests are there to prevent you becoming dead yourself. If you have not tested, how do you know the readings were okay 6 months ago. You've only done the bang test.

If these are new circuits or the shed is not attached to house, it's notifiable. How did you get BC to approve an installation on the promise to test it 6 months down the line. I assume the 2330 lecturer mentioned Part-P.

This forum is often critical of the 5 day wonders, but this is scary from somebody with 2330.

ban-all-sheds don't you think its hard for a sparky with 10 years experience to find work these days never mind loads of people like me who are newly qualified to get the experience??

we all dont know everthing and we are all still learning.
But you have passed either the 2382, or the equivalent module in 2330.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=970849#970849

You own a copy of the Wiring Regulations and you've persuaded the authorities that you know your way around it.

You really should have been able to find the answer to your question in the book you own and which you know how to read....

Scousespark I agree i was wrong in not testing it when i 1st installed it and BC haven't passed the work i have done on this house yet but that is why i have bought a tester so i can test it and get all the work i have done passed off.

ban-all-sheds your right i should of checked my regs and will do in future.

Scousespark I agree i was wrong in not testing it when i 1st installed it and BC haven't passed the work i have done on this house yet but that is why i have bought a tester so i can test it and get all the work i have done passed off.
Too late for that now...

ban-all-sheds your right i should of checked my regs and will do in future.
Good man.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back