Insulation upstand at door threshold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another concrete floor question - you'll come to love me!

(I did post this in the Flooring section, but it always seems real quiet out there!)

I think I might have made a small mistake! When I screeded the floor, I put upstands all the way around including the door threshold - but in the cold light of day I'm thinking that it's really not gonna be suitable for tiling right up to the door threshold. I.e., the tile overhanging the insulation.

Should I dig it out and fill the gap? Or is there a trick I'm missing?

Sponsored Links
Should be fine if it’s only 25mm
Won’t it be under the door cill though? If you’ve taken the slab to the outer skin under the doorway .. in which case no issue

Should be fine if it’s only 25mm
Won’t it be under the door cill though? If you’ve taken the slab to the outer skin under the doorway .. in which case no issue

See, that's what I thought at first but I looked at some design pics at the thresholds seemed to stop level with the brick. As you say, obviously no issue if they cover it!

Sponsored Links
Not an issue really to have 25mm of a tile over a celotex edge
And you can always set the doors back a bit more

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back