Integrated dishwasher depth...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which idiot decided that standard dishwashers would be 550mm+ deep?

Did they forget that dishwashers are likely to have pipework behind them?!

Sponsored Links
Mrs Motties mate bought a new build that included a dishwasher. It packed up after about 3 years so she ordered another. When they took it out, she found that the installers had just kicked in the plasterboard wall behind it to get the thing far enough back!

Mrs Motties mate bought a new build that included a dishwasher. It packed up after about 3 years so she ordered another. When they took it out, she found that the installers had just kicked in the plasterboard wall behind it to get the thing far enough back!

Similar to the people who did this place when it was new...

Why use a pad saw or stanley knife when you can simply boot holes in the walls?

Earlier today I was trying to replace the bricks which previously had the hole for the old dishwasher waste...

Impossible to line up mine when the original brickwork was all over the shop, but on the plus side it means my shonky amateur pointing won't look out of place

Sponsored Links
Have run waste pipe behind mine no problem , recess to lower part of machine to allow this .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back