Integrated washing machine - noisy/vibrating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just finished fitting our new kitchen suite. The boss wanted integrated appliances so i've ended up replacing a perfectly working 10kg Hotpoint washing machine for an inferior Candy 8k integrated washing machine. The noise its making me is driving me mad. As the machine goes into its final spin cycle its making a loud rattling noise. I've tried pulling the washing machine out several times now to re-levelling it. I've even had a spirit level on it to double check its level. The kitchen floor is solid concrete so there's no give there and appears to be level. Yesterday i put a non-slip rubber matt under it but this hasnt helped. I am starting to think the noise is down to the poorly designed plastic door hinges. The hinges screw into the face of the washing machine which is a flimsy thin metal sheet. The integrated kitchen slab door is fairly heavy so there is a lot of give/movement as the spin cycle kicks in.

Any suggestions for the DIY pros or kitchen fitters out there?

IMG_0518.JPG IMG_0519.JPG IMG_0520.JPG

Sponsored Links
Yeah, cheers. I double checked that one and all 4 bolts on the back of the machine are off ;)

Have you tried taking machine out ,into clear space ,and running it , with integrated door removed ,does it still make the same noise ? If it does there is something amiss with the machine.

Sponsored Links
No tried that yet but defiantly worth a go. Will give it a try this evening, cheers ;)

If the top can be removed worth checking the weights are intact . Cement blocks are often used and can break up leading to imbalance on the drum. Shocks failing can also give same result.

Morning philipp
Just wondering if you can help me, I’ve got the same issues as you had with the candy integrated washing machine vibrating. Did you resolve the problem? Cheers Craig

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back