Re-using integrated washing machine door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My integrated washing machine has broken, and I am looking to buy a replacement. The problem I have is that they no longer sell the cupboard doors from my kitchen. Therefore the only choice I have it to re-use the washing machine door on my current machine.

Problem - the two holes drilled for the hinge won't be in the same place on my new washing machine, in fact one of the new hinges needs a screw fixing EXACTLY where the hole is drilled for the old hinge. I could try plugging the hole with wood/glue, but I am worried that it won't be strong enough to hold the new fixing during the spin cycle for the next few years.

Any suggestions?? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Do as you suggest and plug the hole. Cut the plug tight with a slight taper, glue the edges only and tap the plug in tight. When set plane and sand the plug flush. Most modern wood glues will be fine. I would assume that one of your hinge fixings is in the main door so that will take most of the load.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back