Fitted Washing Machine Door Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,the hinges on the washing machine and the holes on the door don't currently align and hence i have been unable fit the door on to the machine.

i have an option of cutting a new hole using a router and fixing the hinge on the door - but the issue i have is that the exisitng hole on the machine door would then become quite big and hence not sure if the hinge will be fixed tightly to the door and be stable.

Any tips to do this more efficiently? Many thanks

ps changing the sides of the door wont work ie tun the door upside down and make new holes

Sponsored Links
Take it we are discussing an intregrated washing machine? With a kitchen door to hide the appliance?

Where did you buy the intergrated door from?

I'm a kitchen designer and not a fitter so don't take this as gospal.

Usually when we sell an appliance door, there is no holes what soever.

The customer/fitter has to router the door themselfs due to the differenct locations of the hinges due to different manufactuals and types of app' (eg bosch v hotpoint, washer v fridge)

If still in doubt go back to the place of purchase for advice, or give more info/pic

You could of course always adjust the height of the machine to suit. Normally an offcut of worktop under the machine is used to lift it higher and then the legs adjusted to suit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back