Integrated WM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should all these models touch the worktop?

We've purchased a Fagor WM714iT, and it gets no where near touching the worktop. You can see the dimensions in the link below and it says it is 820mm high. The feet only provide another 20mm or so of upwards lift so currently it is sitting about 70 below the worktop.

Do I need to put this on a platform of any description. Not sure it's wise to put massive threaded bolt legs in it given how much they wobble around.

Both the dishwasher and tumle dryer we purchased touch the top.

http://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/Fagor_Integrated_7kg_Washing_Machine_FWM714iT/version.asp

Any ideas from guys who fit these regularly?

Sponsored Links
You probably need a housing for it, same as you would for a built in/under oven. Then it would sit above the plinth, screwed securely into this unit. Sounds like you may have already cut the plinth though?

I hate integrated appliances, nearly always result in a reduced capacity and higher price tag!

No I've not cut any plinths yet, making sure I have no leaks or issues before I finish that job.

There's no way it would fit in a carcass, it's 595mm wide so with an 18mm carcass either side would not fit.

The bottom of where the plinth appears to sit is the same height as the carcass next to it

OK, its one that just needs to sit on a frame to lift it up. the additional 5mm at the sides should be covered with seals

The bottom of where the plinth appears to sit is the same height as the carcass next to it

Not sure what you mean here?

Sponsored Links
OK, its one that just needs to sit on a frame to lift it up. the additional 5mm at the sides should be covered with seals

No Seals evident..

Not sure what you mean here?

There is an obvious area that is plinth height and stepped back from the front that is the same level as height as the bottom of the carcass next to it.

I'm staring to hate these integrated ones. Problem is we bought this as a graded item and there is no manual with it, the instruction book I found on line is useless and fagor has gone into liquidation.

I don't see that it sits on a frame as it it has adjustable legs already threaded into the bottom of the metal plate, which you can make out in the online book.
http://www.fagor.co.uk/documents/FWM714It Washing Machine.pdf

If it's too low, get 2 lengths of timber (one at the back and one at the front) and stand the adjustable legs on those.
Typically used where integrated items are too short, or the worktops are higher than usual.
Some people use offcuts of worktop instead of timber, although they will disintegrate if there is any water leakage on the floor at a later date.

Doesn't matter about the shape of the appliance front or the height of the lower section - it will all be covered by plinth and door anyway.

Appliance is 590mm wide according to link, or a standard door would not be wide enough to hide it.Is also adjustable to a height of 170mm which should be high enough with standard work top height.

It says 590mm at bottom and 596 at top.

Yeah the height of 170mm is to where the plinth return stops. I've got that but the unit itself is only 660mm as opposed to the 818mm those measurements say.

It also shows it going into a hole that is 820mm tall behind it, which is far lower than the standard 870mm tall. Being over 6 foot I put the cupboards at 890mm but still that doesn't explain the massive discrepancy.

From what most have said, it doesn't matter so I either put timber underneath it, or due to it being under the drainer I'll probably just put some timber on the top up against the bit of remaining worktop, and then put a plastic front in the gap.

It says 590mm at bottom and 596 at top.

Yeah the height of 170mm is to where the plinth return stops. I've got that but the unit itself is only 660mm as opposed to the 818mm those measurements say.

It also shows it going into a hole that is 820mm tall behind it, which is far lower than the standard 870mm tall. Being over 6 foot I put the cupboards at 890mm but still that doesn't explain the massive discrepancy.

From what most have said, it doesn't matter so I either put timber underneath it, or due to it being under the drainer I'll probably just put some timber on the top up against the bit of remaining worktop, and then put a plastic front in the gap.
The appliance is 590, the 596 is the door, not the front width.
According to diagram you have 170 to plinth + 715 machine height making a total of 585 [ideal]. :?:
There is 70mm of adjustment on the feet, not the 20mm you stated.

foxhole";p="3196275 said:
The appliance is 590, the 596 is the door, not the front width.
According to diagram you have 170 to plinth + 715 machine height making a total of 585 [ideal]. :?:
There is 70mm of adjustment on the feet, not the 20mm you stated.

Something's off then, as a tape on the machine puts it at 660mm tall, plus the 170, gives me 830mm. Yeah I can probably get another bit from the feet but not enough to reach the worktop by a long way.

yep feet fully extended gets me to within 30mm of the top. So even if I had gone for 870mm standard hight still 10mm short..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back