Intercom - BPT E/200 to Comelit 2703u (4+n) wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Thought I had worked this out but it isn't working. Can anybody help with my wiring/mapping?

What I thought:
BPT 1 = common = C Comelit
BPT 2 = microphone = B Comelit
BPT 3 = speaker = E Comelit
BPT 4 = call = D Comelit
Wire that goes to door open button on BPT (1) = A Comelit
Wire that goes to other switch on BPT (2) = P2 Comelit

Photo of BPT before:

Photo of Comelit:

Any help would be seriously appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
24EFB2A3-6846-4582-8439-87F0A4147DAD.png Should have replaced with a bpt handset….as most of the bpt handsets are not a true 4+1 unit ….4 wires only ….what’s not working on the new handset and what was wrong with the old unit ?

Thanks for the quick response! Old unit was cracked, phone had fallen off and one of the wires soldered to the speaker had broken loose. Door opening button and call still worked though. Also prefer the look of the Comelit and was easy to get hold of hence not replacing like for like.

The call button didn't work from the unit downstairs, nothing happened upstairs. The Comelit manual does list BPT saying it's compatible so thought I would be ok. Is there not really anything I can do to get this to work then?

Ok if it’s just the call that’s not working have you put the switch in the comelit handset to E instead of M …. .?

Sponsored Links
Hi, all working now, thank you! Call works, speaker and microphone working (some screeching but assuming that is to do with volume settings?). However the lock release isn't working - not sure how to wire this up.

On the BPT you can see there are 2 wires going to D1 and 2 (bottom right of image) and it had 2 buttons (only need lock release, not fussed about the other).

On the Comelit (also has 2 buttons), lock release should be "A" and then it has C2 and P2 for the other button. Any help with where the white/blue and blue/white wires need to go on the Comelit to make the lock release work would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks again!

Hi Sparkymarka, I'm assuming I just connect them to C2 and P2? Not sure what A on the Comelit does!

Thanks again for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back