Intercom Replacement Not Working (Bell 801)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, First Post.

I've been modernising my flat (7 flats all conneected to one system and have finally got round to replacing my old intercom.
Original looks like it's this model: Bell System (BSTL) 801 Old Style - site: https://interfoni.rs/wp-content/upl...-interfonska-slusalica-sema-prikljucaka-1.pdf
IMG_5158.jpg

I took a photo whilst it was wired with the five cables screwed in.
IMG_5153.PNG

I've bought a Bell 801 Door Entry System Handset and i've wired it exactly the same, and theres no noise.

The orignial one if i picked up the headset I could hearthe voice of the caller downstairs even if terrible quality feedback and release the door.

However it seems like no functions work, which is weird because it has the same layout with the board, one wird was never used and is covered but all other 5 i've placed in each same slot like for like.

IMG_5157.jpg

Please help its confusing me a lot!

Sponsored Links
Can you eloborate on that? When you say in the PSU which item would that be?

Sponsored Links
There is a 1amp fuse inside of this unit ( make sure it is isolated from the 240v supply ) , the old style unit looks like this …..

Attachments

• 65C1C50B-BAB9-45D9-89DE-5FDA05BD3C6B.png
    65C1C50B-BAB9-45D9-89DE-5FDA05BD3C6B.png
    519.6 KB · Views: 52

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back