Interesting Piccys of Caravan installation.

Ah, with you now.

But these supplies are not installed by the RECS. How did you guess?

They are run by the caravan park management.....

Sponsored Links
My Dad stays in a caravan park, he reckons that the whole site
has very dodgy electrics, it must be quite common. He can't
run too many appliances at once in his pine-lodge, it just won't
function..

Pardon my ignorance, but don't caravan sites have to be wired
up the same as a domestic set-up in a home?

Hammy

common sense ;)

i can't see any reason to have the rec involved with the individual caravans

there is no way that they would wan't to bother of billling all your clients seperately or dealing with coin meter fraud from tenants that only stayed a week

and if you have a normal rec meter read at normal rec times in each caravan then you are going to have to read it yourself anyway so all having a rec meter rather than a private one means is a lot more paperwork and probablly a higher price/less profit on electricity

btw do you know who the correct body to report dodgy wiring in public places and/or holiday lets is?

We get involved with many caravan parks, i can tell you that what you have seen is the norm......

We have had to put right so many bodged in meters during PIR inspections. They get installed by site maintenance 'crass cutters'. Scary really.

Sponsored Links
Lectrician said:
We get involved with many caravan parks, i can tell you that what you have seen is the norm.......

This may be the norm, but how many faults can you spot? It's dreadful.

A). The work is dreadful and B) The attitude is dreadful - don't care less.

I know, it is shameful.

Caravan park licensing authorities are beginning to clamp down now. We have to test many parks anually (we actually do a different bit of the same park each month to keep on top, you couldnt go in and do the lot in one go, and aslong as each 'bit' has a 12monthly test, thats fine.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back