Intergas 36 / 30 low central heating pressure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have an intergas 36/30 HRE that is showing low pressure but not all the time?
Had a problem with it that was diagnosed as a blocked pipe into the pressure chamber at the back of the boiler, the PRV valve was blowing off due to high pressure when the heating was running. This was cured by fitting an enternal pressure tank when the system was serviced. However, low pressure is now flashing again but only when the temperature rises?
First thing in the morning it is showing 3.1 bar this drops by min afternoon to 0.3 bar then rises again as the day cools down? I have checked the pressure at the expansion tank (with a tyre pressure gauge, air pressure above the tank) and this is always 1.5 bar. Does anyone know what the resistance should be for a given temperature at the pressure sensor? I think it is a faulty pressure sensor but it could be a fault with the PCB so that is why I am asking if anyone knows what the resistance of the pressure sensor should be.
Thanks Bob J.

Sponsored Links
Ok, will the central heating system run ok with the sensor disconnect?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advise. Fitted a filling loop with a gauge, disconnected the pressure sensor, ran the central heating up at full power ( house got a bit hot) pressure stayed constant.
Re checked the pressure this morning, pressure still reading the same.
Thanks again for the advise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back