Intergas HRE 36/40 pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Intergas HRE 36/40 which I've just turned on the CH side for the winter.

Last year I noticed the pressure was always showing inaccutately at zero. Topping up pressure never increased it but did activate the PRV as unknowingly over pressured. Meant to look into it during summer but things get forgotten.

Now when I turn off boiler, no pressure displays at all, just the "C-ON" remains lit. This never happened before.

The boiler worked ok last year and is ok today (touch wood ) but would be nice to be able to see what pressure it is. Perhaps something is blocked?

Any thoughts?

It's out of warranty btw

Sponsored Links
Blocked pressure sensor, 4 minute job :)

It should still be under warranty with us. If so call the helpline on 01527 888000 and one of the flying monkeys will be sent out.

Do you have a system filter fitted?

Only had a 2 year warranty and now almost 3 year's old.

Have both a Magna clean and a y strainer fitted.

Can pressure valve be cleaned or does it need replacing?

Bit worried about the display not showing pressure display though.

Sponsored Links
Not sure why you think "I" might have done that Dan or even how it could be done.

Switch seems to operate fine anyway with the other LEDs indicators displaying correctly when switch pressed.

If when you turn it off you just get a dash iin the right hand box you've probably had someone look at it that's unplugged the pressure sensor. No problem doing this but you really need an external gauge fitted if you do so.

How many rads is it running? BTW it will need to be serviced properly, there have been a few upgrades to the 40kW boilers software that makes it even better!

21 rads in total. No one has worked on it at all so maybe pressure switch is faulty.

At 21 rads I hope it has an external expansion vessel fitted, roughly whereabouts in Kent are you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back