Intergas HRE 36/30 or 36/40 or equivalent?

Sponsored Links
That's a very odd deal.
Ask the fitter where you should buy it locally.
Check if you'll get the warranty.

That's a very odd deal.
Ask the fitter where you should buy it locally.
Check if you'll get the warranty.

Fitter has sourced it for £1040 and has quoted £350 for fitting. He is a Gas Registered fitter.
Does this seem about right?

Sponsored Links
Fitter has sourced it for £1040 and has quoted £350 for fitting. He is a Gas Registered fitter.
Does this seem about right?
Sound far too cheap for fitting to me...is he going to do a proper flush of the heating system for that price, and preferably fit a magnetic filter? Does that include all the pipe/fittings etc required?

Bear in mind that you only get the 10 year warranty if you use a Platinum 5 trained installer, otherwise it's three years.

I'd have to check Muggles but I think the offer is still running where any registered ECO RF gets ten years regardless of P5 status. (Not saying I agree with it) ;)

Lots of fitters install boilers on a labour only basis now to avoid breaking the VAT threshold. That's almost an uncomfortably low price though, who knows you might get a bargain??

Williams are one of the cheapest suppliers at the moment but you need to register for an account first.................

Sound far too cheap for fitting to me...is he going to do a proper flush of the heating system for that price, and preferably fit a magnetic filter? Does that include all the pipe/fittings etc required?

Bear in mind that you only get the 10 year warranty if you use a Platinum 5 trained installer, otherwise it's three years.

He says it's not a power flush, he will flush it by filling it with cleaner and then letting it run for a couple of days before flushing out everything...

Includes all pipes and fittings...

Includes Mag filter...(whatever that is!)

Op: where are you based? And what's the contact name of your fitter? If he's any good, I'll employ him at those prices ;)

He's doing all that for £350!? Is he very short of work?

I take it that's a very good deal and I should not waste any more time and get him to crack on then

Right, gonna get him booked for asap to get the job done.
Cheers to all for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back