DHW flow rates - Intergas HRE 36/40

I might be wrong, but the xtreme 36 only seems to give around 1.5L per minute more hot water than the rapid, at £800 more than the rapid 32 it would have to use a lot less energy to make it worth the cash.
I'm running 9 rads and will be powering and underfloor heated room (40m2), with 10 rads you'd have no problems running from rapid or eco RF.

FWIW, I was quoted to £3800 for a complete install, from nothing to finish (if this helps)

Yeah just checked that and its about 1.5l for the Xtreme. It also modulates lower but I don't really know how much of a benefit that is.

Sponsored Links
@Razor900 have you any experience with the Xtreme model? If I went the combi route wouldn't this be worth considering other the Eco RF? I appreciate the warranty is shorter but the DHW output is greater, according to the spec at least. Seems to gain from recovering waste heat from the flue gas rather than any increase in power. Not sure how well that would work in practice.

I had the first Xtreme registered in a private house in this country :mrgreen:

It's awesome but the ECO RF is still a very good boiler.

To make things even more complicated the Xclusive has also been launched which is identical to the Xtreme but without passive flue gas heat recovery so slightly less efficient but cheaper.

I wouldn't have quoted you for a 36/40. Unless you have 28mm flow and returns coming from the boiler it's pointless anyway....................

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back