Worcester bosch or Intergas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
Just moved into a 3 bed semi and the boiler is about 20+years old. I was looking to put a combi boiler in and had 2 quotes and both are recommending Worcester bosch 29cdi ,what is this boilers like? I have Been reading about the intergas hre 36/30 on this forums and they also sound good. Which one would you recommend or is there anything else I should be looking at? thanks

Sponsored Links
McDonald's
Or
Steakhouse

Mmmmm let me think

oh ok didn’t realize there was that much difference, which is the Steakhouse lol

personaly i like valliant but most of the gas guys hear like intergas.....

worcester in my veiw is a over priced piece of plastic........ cant stand them...

out of the 2 id choose intergas due to the design and lesser parts......

im pretty sure heat exchanger also has a 10yr guarantee....

Sponsored Links

worcester in my veiw is a over priced piece of plastic........ cant stand them...

p.s why do you want a combi?
how many bathrooms do you have?

p.s why do you want a combi?
how many bathrooms do you have?

I just thought combi was the best way to go as it frees up the cupboard in kitchen plus tank in airing cupboard and constant hot water.Is there a better option? we have 1 bathroom.

thanks all for comments, need to find a intergas approved installer in leicester area can anyone recommend?

Bosch have 7yr warranty if you get an accredited installer, plus 10yrs on the main heat exchanger.

They have 320 engineers on the road to honour the warranty.

Before you get caught up in the Intergas hype, consider the following;

- how many service technicians does Intergas have and are they employed by them?
- why did Worcester, Ferroli and a number of other manufacturers bring out this type of combi with no diverter valve years ago and then stop making them?
- what happened to all the advocates on this forum of the Broag Remeha a few years back, they weren't much good were they? Who's laughing now?

I love new technologies but Intergas haven't got anything new. It's all been done before and the benefits are questionable.

Worcester Bosch boilers are a pain in the barkside.
Overpriced as has been mentioned, and full of plastics. fitting is also kraap.
oh, dont 4gert to pull down the plastic PRV thingy. Oh, and push it bark up all the way.
remember to fit the expansion vessel to its rightful position
and yes, remove all that plastic and fit the condensate trap
by the way, do you want the filling link, well, buy yours from the merchant
it goes on and on.
the bigger models, 38 & 42 cdi's have most of this taken care of.
It used to be my choice boiler, but now, I only fit it if customer insists on having.

Know what you're saying W, but the Intergas are not new. I've been fitting them in their Atmos disguise for 9 years now.

They are only new to the mainstream boiler slingers who are learning now that marketing is not the be all and end all of a product.

We fitted around 10 Remehas 5 yrs back, have had problems with most of them.

Plenty of warranty arguments.

Worcester Bosch could make better boilers, but that goes for all the manufacturers. What matters to most of the public is the reliability, and manufacturer support if it goes wrong.

Worcester is miles ahead by these metrics. Whether the installer finds it a bit fiddly dropping the prv into the flimsy jig is of nil consequence.

We fitted around 10 Remehas 5 yrs back, have had problems with most of them.

Plenty of warranty arguments.

Worcester Bosch could make better boilers, but that goes for all the manufacturers. What matters to most of the public is the reliability, and manufacturer support if it goes wrong.

Worcester is miles ahead by these metrics. Whether the installer finds it a bit fiddly dropping the prv into the flimsy jig is of nil consequence.

It's a shame, the Advanta seemed to promise a lot. It's compact, light, sensibly laid out internals and so quiet I wasn't always sure if one was running. Not bad price from the right source.

But, as you say, if the reliabilty isn't there................

you know what i love about simonds argument? its pure FUD(Fear, uncertainty and doubt ).

Because someone else makes a duff boiler (Remeha) it has some bearing on intergas? :LOL: or that other makes have tried and failed to do the same as intergas(and btw a pipe in pipe design is not the same as intergases design).

we have been fitting nothing but intergases for three years now. i'm service agent( i fix them under warranty) for intergas. I have one in my own home. I should know of all people if its a crap boiler. :LOL:

I start fitting them when they were still really unknown(been eyeing up the Atmos one but was unsure about the company). hype had nothing to do with me pick and sticking with intergas my engineering judgement was.

Intergas are excellent boilers which is more than i can say for Worcester Bosch. The differences between intergases 10 year warranty on the heat exchanger and Worcester Bosch one?

intergases dont fail...were as Worcester Bosch heat exchangers fail all the bloody time so they have to give it :LOL:

simond for what ever reason has a dislike for them, one based not on facts.

at the end of the day i am sure a WB would give good performance but i would pick intergas over it any day of the week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back